Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thinking out loud

Yes this is the typical Wisconsin winter, heavy snow and alot of it.  It was my workout today, shoveling.  The kiddos have a two hour delay so my little girl, Ivy will not have school today as she is a 4ker.
I thought I would touch on my world a bit and talk of yoga.  I have been doing yoga for 12 years now, total dedication for the past 4 years.  I love it!  When you are over 40 and have creeks and aches you didn't have before it is a blessing, and the spiritual side to it is an added bonus.  I have been mostly doing routines online with a guide.  But my guru Rodney Yee,(never meet him, but would love to!) said until you do a yoga session alone...well it was wonderful!  I felt no pressure to do certain asana a certain way, no rushing.  It was great.  I even sat in meditation for a bit longer.  Now after I do my stationary bike I do some sun salutations.  I don't feel achy after and I feel more grounded throughout the day.  This is one of those moments when you just know you are doing the right thing for your body.  I am taking care of the temple that divine has giving me to house my soul.  Isn't life wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment