Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thinking out loud

Yes this is the typical Wisconsin winter, heavy snow and alot of it.  It was my workout today, shoveling.  The kiddos have a two hour delay so my little girl, Ivy will not have school today as she is a 4ker.
I thought I would touch on my world a bit and talk of yoga.  I have been doing yoga for 12 years now, total dedication for the past 4 years.  I love it!  When you are over 40 and have creeks and aches you didn't have before it is a blessing, and the spiritual side to it is an added bonus.  I have been mostly doing routines online with a guide.  But my guru Rodney Yee,(never meet him, but would love to!) said until you do a yoga session alone...well it was wonderful!  I felt no pressure to do certain asana a certain way, no rushing.  It was great.  I even sat in meditation for a bit longer.  Now after I do my stationary bike I do some sun salutations.  I don't feel achy after and I feel more grounded throughout the day.  This is one of those moments when you just know you are doing the right thing for your body.  I am taking care of the temple that divine has giving me to house my soul.  Isn't life wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment