Monday, March 18, 2013



Thoughts of an old friend dying of cancer today stirs my brain today.  You don't have to dig deep to find that nutrition is the heart of our vitality.  Being that said I strive everyday to feed my family and myself a healthy balanced diet.  Today this is my breakfast,  quinoa with blueberries, applesauce and some walnuts to garnish.  No added junk!!  For those that don't know about quinoa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa) it is a wonderful asset to any one's diet.  Considered a whole protein(like Meat!!!!) if you want to be a vegan you can get all the protein you need from this grain that originated in South America.  This is also a really awesome breakfast for those of you that have a gluten allergy as it is virtually gluten free.  The reason I say this is because when processed it may contain traces of gluten for those who have a severe allergy.  You can get it at most supermarkets and my favorite place to go Village Market (http://villagemarketfdl.com/ ).  They have it in the bulk bin, way cheaper that way.
People need to realize we do have alternatives to meat and potatoes and we all need to break free of the typical American diet consumed with meat, corn, dairy, sugar, and wheat.  The old rules of a proper diet is dead wrong.  We need to eat more vegies and fruits and grains.  We need to eat more whole foods.  Our bodies work better when we fuel it with wonderful things.
I can always tell how I feel in the morning after having excess.  My fingers are swellen, I am groggy and lethargic.  I frankly have a food hangover!   You really are what you eat!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment